Installing the ExpressVPN on Firestick is very easy and can be completed in a matter of minutes. This is because the ExpressVPN has launched a tailormade app, especially for Amazon Fire TV devices. So, this lightweight app is very easy to install on the Firestick. The process of installation is as follows:
1. Go to the Home screen bar. From there go to the Search bar.
2. Enter the word ‘ExpressVPN” and select it from the result shown.
3. Click on the ‘Get’ button. This will start the download and installation process.
4. Once the installation is completed, click on the ‘open’ button.
5. If you already have an account, simply go to the sign-in button and complete the set-up process by clicking on OK whenever prompted. This will set up the configuration and the VPN connection.
6. There is an option given here. By clicking on the button with the power icon, you can start a connection with a nearby ExpressVPN server. If not, you can choose the smaller ‘choose location’ button. This will connect with a server in a specific city.
7. That is all there is to be done. The connection is done, and the VPN connection will be in the background and you can start using the other apps.
Please note that there is an option to choose whether you want to send the diagnostic reports or not to the ExpressVPN team. So, you can select accordingly. Besides, at the left of the screen, there is a menu button. From this, you can do various things such as managing your account, refer a friend, or even fine-tune your settings. You can also set up other devices as well from this main menu button.
Note :- I brought expressvpn on their expressvpn cyber monday deals and its working perfectly on firestick with above method. If the above method doesn’t work then follow below method.
There is also another way to download the ExpressVPN app if it is not available on the Amazon App store. That is by downloading the ExpressVPN APK file. This can be done by using a third-party app such as the Downloader app. The process is as follows:
1. Go to Settings, then from there go to My Fire TV and then to the ‘Developer options’
2. In the search button, enter the downloader and select it. Once it is downloaded, click on the “allow” button to give it access to your media, files, and photos.
3. The next step is to enter the URL of the ExpressVPN APK file installer and select Go. Then click on the install button to complete the installation process.
Why ExpressVPN for Firestick?
This is because it is excellent in every aspect. It could unblock various locked sites and online streaming channels such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, and so on. Not only that, it pairs well with another media player that is Kodi. Also, ExpressVPN offers great bandwidth resulting in high-speed streaming. Best of all, ExpressVPN does not keep any traffic logs or IP addresses. This means great security and protection.
A point to be taken care of is that the VPN server location and your Amazon Prime account should be set to the same country if you want to stream content from a specific country.